Employment of Women, primarily Albanians and Roma
Project type: Services Project Budget: 92,000 euros.
Project location: Local Project Status: Finished
Project Source of Funding: donation
Project Donor: EU
Implementing partner: EAR Regional Development Agency Leskovac
[27-06-2006 - 27-12-2006] (Serbia)
Short description: Overall objective:
to increase employment, reduce unemployment, strengthening confidence and tolerance among ethnic groups, preservation of craftsmanship in Jablanicki region.
Training and employment of vulnerable groups (unemployed women, primarily Albanians, Roma and Serbs).
- Training in traditional weaving and sale of these products (in cooperation with local authorities in Lebane);
- Additional training in entrepreneurship.
Achieved results: - 30 unemployed women have been trained (Albanians, Roma and Serbs)
- equipment procured (5 metal looms and 15 wooden looms);
- training material procured
Comment: - in order to ensure Project sustainability, NES has rented the workshop of “Eskporteks” factory; a part of equipment was temporary given to entrepreneur – beneficiary of self-employment subsidy (till August 30, 2008);
- the remainder of the Project budget is allocated to the procurement of semi-finished goods for the production of ethno products (half of them will be labeled with NES logo).